Founder/CEO, Therapist (Primarily Online with Occasional In-person)
A previous special education teacher, Monique began her journey to becoming a marriage and family therapist in 2008. Feeling called to help those who struggle with healing from life problems, she left the education field completely in 2015. Monique is wife to a wonderful retired soldier and mother of 4 awesome adult children. Her experiences with military life range from being a military brat beginning at the age of 6 months to being the mother of a vet to now being a military provider. Her approach to therapy is down-to-earth, engaging, and comforting. She loves the process of therapy and it shows!
Monique services are offered Monday – Fridays.
- Every person is the expert of themselves, though some may need help to figure out themselves with guidance and external insight presented by an unbiased, non-judgemental therapist.
- When a person has the ability to be the author of their change, change is inevitable.
- Every problem has a solution.
- The therapeutic process takes place outside of the therapy room when clients engage in the necessary changes they discussed and mind while in the therapy session.
- Change is not easy, but it’s doable!
Monique is certified EMDR therapist, a level-two certified complex trauma professional, and Prepare-Enrich Facilitator. She has completed other trainings that include Level 2 training in the Gottman Method and an externship in emotional-focused therapy.
**Monique provides MFT supervising under AAMFT mentoring.
- North Carolina Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Georgia Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Eye Movement & Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Certified Therapist
- Certified Complex Trauma Professional Level-II
- Georgia Certified Educator
- Reading Endorsement
Currently a doctoral student at Liberty University majoring in Community Care & Counseling: Traumatology
Liberty University, EdS (Specialist degree) in Educational Leadership
Liberty University, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
Augusta University, BS in Special Education
American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)